This instructor-led course will provide participants with report building techniques, enabling attendees to develop, enhance, customize and manage professional reports.
- Introduction – The Cognos Analytics environment, running reports, different modes & creating simple reports.
- Creating List Reports – List objects, grouping, formatting, headers, footers, aggregation & multi-fact queries.
- Using Filters – Applying filters, with aggregation, details filters & summary filters.
- Creating Crosstab Reports – Simple crosstabs, adding measures, complex crosstabs, nodes, members, formatting, unrelated edges & sorting.
- Presenting Data Graphically – Chart options, custom chart palette, gauge charts, pie charts, separate axes, customisation, RAVE, visualisations & dashboard reports.
- Creating & Using Prompts – Parameters, prompt pages, adding prompts, prompts types, value prompt, search and select prompt & cascading prompts.
- Using Calculations – Concepts, run-time information, date/time functions, string functions, and displaying prompt selections.
- Additional Report Building Techniques – Report design, using tables, sections, convert list to crosstab, reuse objects, layout component references & reports with no data.
- Dimensional Reporting – Differences between relational and dimensional reports, drill up and down, slicer & set functions.
- Using Conditional Formatting – Variables, formatting based on values & conditional rendering.
- Report Drill-Through – Setup, package drill-through, values and target parameters, drill-through assistant, scope & dynamic drill-through.
- Advanced Formatting – Report structure, page breaks, horizontal pagination, modifying structures, PDF settings & multiple pages.
- Customising the Query Model – Combining related reports, master detail relationships, understanding the query model, auto group and summarise, properties and aggregation, query filters including usage and parameters, joins & unions.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested in using IBM Cognos Analytics Reporting to author professional reports.
The following prerequisites would be helpful for attendees:
- Knowledge of your company’s business requirements.
- Experience in using the Windows operating system.
- Experience in using a Web Browser.
Either at Simpson Associates offices or on-site (Internet access required for connection to our Azure environment.).
The cost of this 2 day course is £3000 plus VAT, for up to 6 delegates.
*Cost based on course being run on our Azure environment.