- NTU decided to upgrade their existing planning tool, Cognos Enterprise Planning, to take advantage of the improved capabilities of IBM IBM Planning Analytics powered by TM1
- NTU wanted to integrate their planning modules and see the results of modelling changes flowing through to their plans and budgets.
- The university wanted their users to develop the necessary skills to own the system.
- An Integrated planning application was developed to connect course data, student data and employee data feeding into a finance model that summarises student income and costs for the university.
- An effective skills transfer process allowed NTU to own the solution.
- IBM Planning Analytics was implemented giving users the ability to benefit from sand-box modelling and to work in flexible ways.
- The integration of their planning models has enabled NTU to have a holistic view of the whole planning process.
- Reports come directly from the planning model improving the speed of access to information and the confidence in the accuracy of that information.
- NTU can now spend more time doing analysis and adding value rather than concentrating on data input and consolidation.
- NTU can now model different scenarios and see the impact on proposed changes to their budgets.
Do you have a question? Call 01904 234 510 or Email Darren