IBM Cognos TM1 Consultancy Services
IBM Cognos TM1, is an enterprise planning software platform that can transform your entire planning cycle, from target setting and budgeting to reporting, scorecarding, analysis and forecasting.
Available as an on-premises or on-cloud solution, and with extensive mobile capabilities, IBM Cognos TM1 enables you to collaborate on plans, budgets and forecasts. You can analyse data, and create models – including profitability models – to reflect a constantly evolving business environment.
In addition, integrated scorecards and strategy management capabilities help you monitor performance metrics and align resources and initiatives with corporate objectives and market events.
As one of the longest serving IBM Cognos Consultancies in the UK, Simpson Associates have the experience and expertise to help you discover, implement and adopt the technology.
“We wanted to integrate our overall planning model to create a holistic view of the whole process: data flowing automatically between the student planning model and the staff planning model meant that we could save staff resource time maintaining them and ensure we were able to get accurate information out of the system in real time.”Rebecca Radics - Project Manager, Nottingham Trent University
Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting with Simpson Associcates
For many organisations the process of building and maintaining budgets and forecasts and producing financial performance reporting relies on a complex and manually intensive spreadsheet process.
We work with many customers whose Finance teams still spend an inordinate amount of time in manual, spreadsheet-based processes – collecting, consolidating and validating data. Because of that, these finance professionals are often unable to deliver plans, budgets, forecasts, reports and value-added analysis in a timely fashion.
The net result can be budgets or re-forecasts being submitted without the level of scrutiny and verification desired. Indeed, for one of our customers our work has enabled him to stop worrying and to be able to sleep at night.
Our applications result in demonstrable process efficiencies and provide the clear line of sight to understand and to guide business performance. Reducing the manual nature of many current planning processes results in greater accuracy and time for analysis and adjustments and, in many cases, for “scenario planning” capability; all providing greater control and insight.
Engagement from Requirements to Support
“As Holman Fenwick Willan has grown and new systems implemented, the Finance Department found itself relying on a large number of reporting and budgeting applications that were either unsupported or which provided inconsistent messages to the firm. This situation presented a perfect opportunity in 2015 to undertake a review of business requirements with the goal of introducing a single solution capable of delivering a comprehensive budgeting, forecasting and reporting application. IBM Cognos TM1 was selected as being best able to deliver that capability.
Simpson Associates were initially engaged to undertake the review of the existing HFW systems and to provide recommendations on possible solutions. Following that project, Simpsons were engaged to implement IBM Cognos TM1 as they were able to demonstrate:
• An excellent record in delivering the system to meet budgeting, forecasting and reporting requirements;
• Proven experience in working for law firms
• A clear understanding of HFW’s requirements and business culture.
The selection process involved a number of other consultancies and whilst they had the technical capability and a clear understanding of requirements, only Simpson Associates had the proven law firm experience.“ Paul Jenkins, Head of IT Projects and Change at Holman Fenwick Willian
“Simpson Associates have worked with us through a collaborative approach, delivering a bespoke solution to address the specific needs of our business. Commercial reporting is a key driver in allowing management to make agile decisions in the dynamic food sector. Simpson’s understood this perfectly and provided expert insight into the development of the IBM Cognos TM1 tool that has vastly improved the consistency and speed of our reporting.”Phil Yeomans Commercial and Reporting Accountant at Symington's
IBM Cognos TM1 offers:
- Powerful planning and analysis - Create and analyse sophisticated plans, budgets and forecasts, even with large data sets from Big Data sources
- Ease of use - Thanks to a development environment that enables users to create sophisticated applications with no need for programming or traditional IT skills.
- Flexible modeling - develop and deploy even the most complex planning and analysis models using familiar web or Excel interfaces
- Engagement with users - involve people across the organisation in high participation planning and collaborate with remote or distributed users through a range of mobile devices including the Apple Ipad
- Strong integration with IBM Cognos Planning and IBM Cognos Business Intelligence
- Built-in data integration capabilities to access IT-managed systems of record
- Cloud Based deployment option - all the functionality of an on premise solution with IBM's market leading cloud infrastructure and enhanced mobile and collaboration features with IBM Concert interface
Engagement with Simpson Associates
Simpson Associates are a software and services consultancy specialising in delivering budgeting, reporting, forecasting and business planning solutions built on IBM Planning Analytics (formally known as IBM Cognos TM1), and the IBM Cognos suite. With clients including The University of Oxford, Symington’s, Holman Fenwick Willan and Nottingham Trent University we have the experience and expertise to help you discover, implement and adopt the technology.
Please complete this form to download