- In 2012 Makro was acquired from its German parent company by Booker, requiring them to split away from all business systems.
- With over 30 UK sites, 25,000 active products and 1.2m customers Makro had just 7 months to scope, architect and build a new business critical data warehouse.
- Within the 7 month timetable Makro still needed to select and purchase appropriate hardware and software.
- Makro knew that failing to move to the new data warehouse in time would incur significant IT services costs.
- The new data warehouse supplies information for the 8:30 'huddle' where key decisions are taken from analysis of the previous day's trading.
- The HP/Microsoft Fast Track architecture recommended by Simpson Associates provides high performance and reliability with the capacity to grow.
- Information is built with Microsoft reporting and cubing technology and is delivered in Excel, providing a familiar interface for the business users.
- Information is available to key decision makers who rely on it.
- Effective control over £10m of marketing spend.
- Integration with Excel maximising user adoption.
- 40% reduction in time taken to pull data from Oracle line of business system.
- 65% reduction in time required to produce redesigned Board reports.
- Fast Track architecture tuned for data warehouse performance.
Do you have a question? Call 01904 234 510 or Email Giles