- The business was re-organising into five Global Business units.
- The regional reporting structures had to be replaced with horizontal reporting across business units spread over three continents.
- Sales information had to be available for analysis within two days of the month end.
- Information had to be self service but controlled and supported by a central department.
- Requirements were being identified as the business units were being formed, so change was a given.
- Introduced a “standard platform” of central codes, mappings and data submission processes.
- Prince 2 was used to create a robust project management process that informed key stakeholders around the world.
- Automated SQL Server processes to validate and load global data submissions into a Kimball data warehouse.
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence software supplied standardised reporting and analysis on demand to all time zones.
- The first two Global Business units had operational data in time for their first budget cycle.
- Standardised product codes were implemented without having to modify source systems.
- The automated global system could be administered by one FTE in Europe.
- The conformed data warehouse structure enabled the addition of new subject matter data marts.
- Information workers in any country could create, administer and consume their own reports.
Do you have a question? Call 01904 234 510 or Email Nick