This course will provide participants with an advanced understanding of the functionality available in IBM Cognos Report Studio. This instructor-led course shows participants report building techniques using relational data models, and ways of enhancing, customizing, and managing professional reports.
1: Introduction to the reporting application
- Examine Report Studio and its interface.
- Explore different report types.
- Create a simple, sorted, and formatted report.
2: Focus your reports
- Explore Prompts.
- Apply existing filters from the Model.
- Add a prompt to a Report Page.
- Add calculations using the Expression Editor to create customised query items.
3: Design reports using queries
- Design page layout using queries.
- Combine multiple queries in a single report.
- Combine related reports into one report.
4: Customise reports with conditional formatting
- Examine conditional formatting.
- Create multilingual reports.
- Highlight exceptional data.
5: Enhance report layout and formatting
- Modify structures.
- Customise charts.
- Enhance reports using multimedia files and hyperlinks.
- Add a background image to Report.
- Examine the best practices for designing effective reports.
6: Customise the Query Model
- Examine the relationship between the query model structure and the report layout.
- View and modify objects in the query model.
- Use a join query.
- Use a union query.
- Add dimension information to a query.
““Over 90% of our staff rated the course content, delivery and trainer as either Good or Excellent.”.”
European Sales Training Manager, ACCO Brands
Who should attend?
Professional report authors.
- Experience using basic Windows functionality.
- Experience using a Web browser.
- IBM Cognos Report Studio Fundamentals course.
Simpson Associates Customer Centre/ Customer Location
*Cost is for a course held at your or our site with a maximum of 6 delegates and includes a set of preconfigured laptops for the duration of the training and manuals for each delegate.
Please complete this form to download