If you receive this error message after installing IBM Cognos BI or Planning on a Windows 2008 64bit server:
HTTP Error 500.0 – Internal Server Error
The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.
Then it is more than likely you haven’t enabled 32bit applications to run in IIS. Here are steps to do this:
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager from Server Manager on your Windows server.
2. Open the Application Pools node and select ‘DefaultAppPool’
3. Right click and select ‘Advanced settings’
4. Click on the Value of ‘Enable 32-Bit Applications’, select ‘True’
5. Click “OK” to complete the Advanced Settings Dialogue
6. Now go to a command prompt and run an IIS Reset, seen here:
7. You can now access IBM Cognos Connection
Back to blog