- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Based
Simpson Associates is a Data Analytics Consultancy and Data Managed Services Provider. We hold the Microsoft Advanced Specialisation in Data Analytics, and are a Microsoft Gold Partner, a Gold IBM Partner, an Informatica Partner.
As part of our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a self-motivated, technically excellent individual to join our talented delivery team. If you thrive working with modern technology, across a breadth of sectors, and enjoy constantly learning, then we would love to hear from you.
The Azure SQL Database Administrator (DBA) performs a critical role working across the business and with our customers to support their Cloud and SQL strategies. In this role you will be both a SQL DBA and SQL Migration specialist working alongside both our Consulting Services and our Managed Services and Support teams. You will have a strong combination of both technical and people skills, allowing you to develop effective solutions, whilst working with both the customer and our team.
- SQL DBA specialist, experienced in optimisation and performance tuning.
- Technical specialist for Azure SQL Migrations and SQL Server Consolidation.
- Support customers to define and plan their Cloud Migration Strategy.
- Delivery responsibility for Microsoft Azure SQL migration or SQL Server consolidation projects.
- Experienced with Azure migration tools: Azure Migrate, Data Migration Assistant.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to support successful delivery outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Work within an Agile methodology to deliver in iterative sprints.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years experience as a Microsoft SQL DBA.
- 2+ years experience in Microsoft Azure Migration focused on IaaS to PaaS migrations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure deployment, automation, networking and security technologies.
- Understand database technology and application architecture.
- Ability to design and implement High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Passionate to learn new technologies and keep pace with current trends.
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
Advantageous Qualifications and Skills
- Experience at an IT consulting firm, Blue Light or NHS sectors.
- Prince 2 Agile or Scrum.
- Azure Microsoft Certification.
- Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and development.
- A comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including a car allowance, profit share scheme, health insurance, health cash plan, income protection insurance and pension.
- Regular socials and perks.
- Remote and flexible working.
If you’d like to hear more about this role or about working for Simpson Associates, for please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to schedule an initial informal chat.
Please use the form below to apply or call Nusha, our Talent Acquisitions Manager on 07984 103 730.
Apply for this job