- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK based
We are looking for a self-motivated, technically excellent individual to join our highly skilled and successful service delivery team. The successful applicant will have a proven track record of providing infrastructure advice and deployment on both cloud and on premise, including Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services solutions. You will be confident to advise and implement your recommendations, communicating with customers and continually strive for excellence.
Simpson Associates is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a Gold IBM Partner. You would be joining a dynamic team, helping to grow the business and working across a breadth of sectors and well-known companies and organisations.
Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and development.
A comprehensive and competitive benefits package includes basic salary, bonus, car allowance, 25 days holiday, health insurance, income protection insurance and multiple social activities and perks to ensure we engage and reward our employees.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Strong infrastructure design and implementation knowledge across Physical (on premise), Virtual (IaaS) and Cloud (Azure PaaS) environments.
- A breadth of technical skills including PowerShell and VMware.
- Expertise in networking, authentication, and security.
- You will have 5+ years experience as an Infrastructure Specialist.
Advantageous Qualifications and Skills
- Expertise in provisioning SQL databases, designing and implementing SQL database infrastructures.
- A supporting specialism in security or database administration preferable.
- Additional qualifications such as Prince2, ITIL
- Familiarity with Power BI and the Microsoft Power Platform.
To be considered for this position you must hold a minimum of two relevant Microsoft Certifications to support the above skills.
The Infrastructure Consultant performs a critical role across many of our projects, working alongside both our professional service delivery and our managed services teams. Key responsibilities include:
- To be a technical expert in your field, understanding the relationship between your own specialism and the wider customer and organisational requirements.
- To lead meetings and project definition workshops with the customer, to identify and appropriately challenge requirements.
- To provide contribute to proposal, requirement and technical documentation.
- To communicate with clarity and confidence acknowledging the audience’s level of technical understanding.
- To be responsible for the quality of the project, achieved through quality assuring yours and others work.
- To identify and mitigate issues at the earliest opportunity, utilising experience to preempt likely issues.
- To provide accurate estimates and reliably deliver within the time, cost and quality. Creative and proactive in solving problems, whilst remaining re-assuring in front of our customers.
This is a UK based role. Due to the nature of this role, some travel will be required, but due to the current pandemic this won’t be expected immediately.
Apply for this job