- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Wide
The role of the Data and AI Technical Specialist is designed to provide the functions outlined below.
- To be a technical expert in your field, understanding how the technology stacks up against the customer requirements.
- Customer facing, you will possess the ability to work with customers in all aspects.
- To work with the customer to understand and prioritise their business and technical requirements.
- Ability to deliver presentations and workshops ensuring credibility and trust.
- To be creative and proactive in creating solutions and problem solving.
- To provide the Sales team with technical support on potential opportunities where there is a need to showcase the technologies.
- Demonstrate consultative selling, understands the customers business context, and can identify other opportunities for Simpson Associates.
- To provide the services team with the information they need to deliver the solution post-sales.
- To work with customers on proof-of-concept work to prove the technology is the right choice for them.
- Ability to estimate (at order of magnitude level) the effort required to deliver the proposed applications and solutions.
- To be responsible for the quality of their work.
- Self-initiated personal development plans to ensure technical, business and sales skills are maintained.
- Maintain an understanding of Simpson Associates’ strategic direction.
- Maintain an awareness of Simpson Associates’ current and future products and services, attending training sessions as relevant.
- Maintain an understanding of competitive activity both technically and offerings.
- Ability to host events, webinars, roundtables and forums.
Desired Technical Skills
- Understanding of data service ecosystems in Azure.
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Synapse
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Landing Zones
- SQL (advanced skills)
- Visualisation techniques
- Power Query
- Data Modelling
- DAX (basic knowledge).
- Data Flows
- Awareness of Custom Visualisation capabilities
- Power BI Service Management
The Role in Practice
The role involves supporting the Account Managers in understanding customer needs then scoping and designing solutions from a technical and commercial perspective. Whilst the Account Manager has the role of being the main point of contact for existing and new customers, the Data and AI Technical Specialist is the person that the customer sees providing designs and technical demonstrations that comprehensively address the needs and, perhaps most crucially, can translate the outcomes into technical options.
The Data and AI Technical Specialists must be experts in their field. The role is one that works closely with customers who may be experts too and we must be seen to be credible in their eyes.
The Data and AI Technical Specialist will be responsible for gathering requirements during the pre-sales process; this may be through the medium of a situation assessment, requirements gathering workshops or requirements interviews. However, the opportunity for requirements gathering in the engagement process may be limited therefore the ability to quickly interpret, make and document assumptions based on limited information is essential. The results may be expressed in the form of Proposals, High-level designs and estimates.
This role will involve customer facing presentations, the successful applicant must have experience and be comfortable with delivering presentations (incl. webinars), demos and hold workshops/roundtables. Must also be comfortable interacting with senior level persons.
There will be a requirement to assist on tender responses with the need to be able to write technically sound answers whilst maintaining the commercial awareness of ensuring Simpson Associates are represented as the best option for the customer.
In addition to helping account managers directly on potential deals this pre–sales role will also support the Marketing team to create assets that will enable further sales, things like new demos, show and tells, etc.
The Data and AI Technical Specialist will have a broad awareness relative to their field but within the context of our business. They will have:
- You will hold product vendor certification where it exists.
- A continuing awareness of new products and advancements in existing products.
- A continuing awareness of “best practice” in your field.
- Proactive in ensuring that you are aware of changes in your field.
It is expected that the Data and AI Technical Specialist will be technically excellent in their technologies and products. The exact technical skills will be agreed upon with the Data and AI Technical Specialist as part of their objectives and career development.
Apply for this job