- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Wide
Simpson Associates is a Data Analytics Consultancy and Data Managed Services Provider. We hold the Microsoft Advanced Specialisation in Data Analytics, and are a Microsoft Gold Partner, a Gold IBM Partner, an Informatica Partner.
As part of our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a self-motivated, technically excellent individual to join our talented delivery team. If you thrive working with modern technology, across a breadth of sectors, and enjoy constantly learning, then we would love to hear from you.
The role involves supporting the Account Managers in understanding customer needs, then scoping and designing solutions from a technical and commercial perspective. Whilst the Account Manager has the role of being the main point of contact for existing and new customers, the Data and AI Technical Specialist is the person that provides designs and technical demonstrations which comprehensively address the needs of the customer and, perhaps most crucially, can translate the outcomes into technical options.
The Data and AI Technical Specialist must be and expert in their field. The role is one that works closely with customers who may also be experts, and we must be seen as credible in their eyes.
The Data and AI Technical Specialist will be responsible for gathering requirements during the pre-sales process; this may be through the medium of a situation assessment, requirements gathering workshops or requirements interviews. However, the opportunity for requirements gathering in the engagement process may be limited, therefore the ability to quickly interpret, make and document assumptions based on limited information is essential. The results may be expressed in the form of Proposals, High-level designs and estimates.
This role will involve customer facing presentations, and the successful applicant must have experience and be comfortable with delivering presentations (incl. webinars), demos and hold workshops/roundtables. They must also be comfortable interacting with senior level persons.
There will be a requirement to assist on tender responses with the need to be able to write technically sound answers whilst maintaining the commercial awareness, ensuring Simpson Associates are represented as the best option for the customer.
In addition to helping Account Managers directly on potential deals, this pre-sales role will also support the Marketing team to create assets that will enable further sales, such as new demos, show and tells etc.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- To be a technical expert in your field, understanding how the technology stacks up against the customer requirements.
- Customer facing, able to work with customers in all aspects.
- To work with the customer to understand and prioritise their business and technical requirements.
- Ability to deliver presentations and workshops ensuring credibility and trust.
- To be creative and proactive in creating solutions and problem solving.
- To provide the Sales team with technical support on potential opportunities where there is a need to showcase the technologies.
- Demonstrate consultative selling, understands the customers business context, and can identify other opportunities for Simpson Associates.
- To provide the services team with the information they need to deliver the solution post-sales.
- To work with customers on proof-of-concept work to prove the technology is the right choice for them.
- Ability to estimate (at order of magnitude level) the effort required to deliver the proposed applications and solutions.
- To be responsible for the quality of their work.
- Self-initiated personal development plans to ensure technical, business and sales skills are maintained.
- Maintain an understanding of Simpson Associates’ strategic direction.
- Maintain an awareness of Simpson Associates’ current and future products and services, attending training sessions as relevant.
- Maintain an understanding of competitive activity both technically and offerings.
- Ability to host at events, webinars, roundtables, and forums.
- Understand data service ecosystems in Azure.
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Synapse
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Landing Zones
- SQL (advanced skills)
- Visualisation techniques
- Power Query
- Data Modelling
- DAX (basic knowledge).
- Data Flows
- Awareness of Custom Visualisation capabilities
- Power BI Service Management
Advantageous Qualifications and Skills
- Hold product vendor certification where it exists.
- A continuing awareness of new products and advancements in existing products.
- A continuing awareness of “best practice” in their field.
- Proactive in ensuring that they are aware of changes in their field.
- Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and development.
- A comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including a car allowance, profit share scheme, health insurance, health cash plan, income protection insurance and pension.
- Regular socials and perks.
- Remote and flexible working.
If you’d like to hear more about this role or about working for Simpson Associates, for please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to schedule an initial informal chat.
Please use the form below to apply or call Nusha, our Talent Acquisitions Manager on 07984 103 730
Apply for this job