Deploying Power BI in a large enterprise is a complex task, and one that requires a lot of thought and planning. The purpose of this white paper is to help you make your Power BI deployment a success: it covers key considerations, decisions which will be necessary, and potential issues you may encounter. Best practices and suggestions are offered when possible.
The target audience for this white paper are technology professionals. Some knowledge of Power BI and general Business Intelligence concepts will be assumed.
Unless specifically noted, all features mentioned in this whitepaper are available as of June 12, 2017.
The following topics are out of scope for this whitepaper:
- Power BI fundamentals (such as the meaning of terms such as dataset, report and dashboard, or how to create reports and dashboards).
- ISV deployment scenarios, which are handled differently from enterprise deployment scenarios.
- Performance tuning of DAX or M syntax (though that is a very important topic and deserves a whitepaper of its own).
- SQL Server Reporting Services, beyond direct comparisons to Power BI Report Server.
- Third party solutions which integrate with Power BI.
- Power BI security in-depth, as it is covered in a separate whitepaper.
Please complete this form to download