This course will provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the functionality available in IBM Cognos Report Studio. This instructor led course shows participants report building techniques using relational data models, and ways of enhancing, customizing, and managing professional reports.
1: Introduction to the reporting application
- Examine Report Studio and its interface.
- Explore different report types.
- Create a simple, sorted, and formatted report.
2: Introduction to the reporting application
- Group Data.
- Level span to repeat data when grouped items change.
- Add summary totals for each group of data.
- Include headers and footers.
- Create a crosstab report.
- Create a chart report.
- Create a repeater report.
- Create a map report.
3: Filter your data
- Create filters to narrow the focus of reports.
- Determine when to apply filters.
- Create a drill-through connection to link reports.
4: Create and use prompts
- Examine the use of parameters and prompts.
- Examine various prompt types.
- Navigate between pages using the Page Explorer.
5: Introduction to the reporting application
- Enhance reports using tables, blocks, and text items.
- Add headers and footers.
- Examine the Report Expression.
- View Object placement.
“The training Simpson Associates provided was relevant, helpful and comprehensive. They never assumed any prior experience and were always happy to go over points again.”
Central Services Accountant, Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate
Who should attend?
Professional report authors.
- Experience using basic Windows functionality.
- Experience using a Web browser.
Simpson Associates Customer Centre/ Customer Location
*Cost is for a course held at your or our site with a maximum of 6 delegates and includes a set of preconfigured laptops for the duration of the training and manuals for each delegate.