This course will provide participants with a thorough understanding of the functionality available in IBM Cognos Query Studio.
This instructor-led course show participants how to create, modify and organise ad-hoc reports. The course covers how to use different report capabilities, how to graphically display the data and how to create reports with a consistent look and feel through the use of templates.
1: Introduction to Cognos Connection
- Examine Cognos Connection.
- Set Cognos 8 preferences.
- Examine objects in Cognos Connection.
- Customise Cognos Connection.
2: Introduction to Query Studio
- Examine Query Studio.
- Open ad hoc reports.
- Add data to ad hoc reports.
- Examine report types.
- Examine charting.
3: Create reports in Query Studio
- Create list, grouped list and crosstab reports.
- Display data graphically with charts.
- Filter data in reports.
- Use prompts to specify filter criteria.
- Create custom groups.
- Format data.
- Calculate and sort report data.
4: Changing the Appearance of Reports
- Apply a template.
- Format text and data.
- Format borders.
- Collapse a report.
- Change the report item name.
5: Changing the Appearance of Reports (continued)
- Swap rows and columns.
- Specify the rows per page.
- Highlight key information.
- Set page breaks.
6: Explore and modify reports in Query Studio
- Run a report in Query Studio.
- Explore run options.
- Render reports in HTML, PDF and CSV format.
- Format report elements.
- Create report views.
- View output reports.
7: Administer reports in Cognos Connection
- View the run history of reports.
- Save ad hoc reports to a publicly accessible location.
- Distribute ad hoc reports by email.
- Print ad hoc reports.
- Schedule ad hoc reports.
- 7: Administer reports in Cognos Connection
“A wonderful course the trainer was amazing at answering any queries. She was extremely helpful and I would definitely recommend it.”
Student Systems Development Office, University of Sussex
Who should attend?
End users who want to learn how to create, modify and organise ad-hoc reports.
- Experience using basic Windows functionality.
- Experience using a Web browser.
Simpson Associates Customer Centre/ Customer Location
*Cost is for a course held at your or our site with a maximum of 6 delegates and includes a set of pre-configured laptops for the duration of the training and manuals for each delegate.
Please complete this form to download