- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Wide
We are looking for a self-motivated, Senior Consultant who thrives for technical excellence and has strong Azure knowledge. The Senior Consultant performs a critical role on projects, often delivering the majority of the development days and with the greatest level of contact with the customer. A Senior Consultant will have a mix of technical, business and consultancy experience and skills. The Senior Consultant will be supported on a project by a Lead or Principal Consultant.
Simpson Associates is a Microsoft Gold Partner, a Gold IBM Partner and an Informatica Partner. You would be joining a dynamic team, helping to grow the business and working across a breadth of sectors and well-known companies and organisations.
Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and development.
A comprehensive and competitive benefits package includes basic salary, bonus, car allowance, 25 days holiday, health insurance, income protection insurance and multiple social activities and perks to ensure we engage and reward our employees
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years industry experience as an Analytics Developer
- Experienced in delivering work packages on time and in line with quality expectations.
- Specialised in Microsoft Azure, with specific familiarity of Azure Data Factory, Data Lake and Synapse.
- Proven track record in delivering platforms that deliver compelling visual solutions using interactive reporting technologies such as Power BI and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Advantageous Qualifications and Skills
- Prince 2 Agile or similar
- Experience in Blue Light or NHS sectors
- Experience at an IT consulting firm
- Certifications: DP-203 Azure Data Engineer Associate, AZ-303/AZ-304 Azure Solutions Architect Expert, DA-100 Data Analyst Associate and similar.
- In-depth technical knowledge and competence in one or more technologies, with the ability to deliver complex and non-routine solutions across a variety of environments.
- Confident to deliver work packages for all stages of a project following completion of the technical design. Takes personal responsibility to plan work in accordance with time and quality targets, quality assures own work. Consistently delivers work packages on time and to a high quality.
- A Senior Consultant may work with requirements analysis, design and estimating with support from a Lead or Principal Consultant.
- Familiar with all stages of the project lifecycle and competent to apply our Prince 2 Agile framework for governance and documentation.
- Rapidly absorbs complex information and applies it effectively. Demonstrates creativity, in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer.
- Appreciates the wider business context of the project for the customer and Simpsons.
- Demonstration of leadership skills. The Senior Consultant is confident to lead meetings/calls and to stand in for the Lead Consultant.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, in a range of formats and to both technical and non-technical audiences. Confident in providing technical demos, whiteboarding and leading sessions including training course delivery with the customer.
- Applies a methodical approach to issue definition and resolution. Competent on the support desk and knowledgeable in handling calls according to the Simpsons support methodology.
- Takes the initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities. Maintains an awareness of relevant technological developments and their application.
- Contributes to marketing activities including ideas and content for case studies and blogs, aiming for at least 1 per year.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviour and work ethic according to Simpsons’ values and culture whilst achieving utilisation targets and hitting internal reporting deadlines with billing and expenses.
This is a UK based role. Due to the nature of this role, some travel will be required, but due to the current pandemic, this won’t be expected immediately.
Apply for this job