- Salary: Competitive
- Location: York
We are looking to fill a brand new, exciting position to establish a project management function within our growing professional services team.
Who we are
We are a data analytics company who have 25+ years’ experience working with customers to achieve their information requirements. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, a Gold IBM Partner, a Premier BOARD MIT Partner and an Information Builders Partner. We give data- driven organisations the confidence to make fully informed decisions.
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate about delivering excellent projects and keen to be part of our highly talented service delivery team. You will be ready to help lead the growth of our services team through creating a dedicated project management function. You will have both a consultancy and project management background, with an ability to apply your project management, project experience and people skills to ensure successful multi-phase projects.
Why we need you
Our business is growing and this role will help drive the growth of our services offering. As a key member of our team, you will lead the project management function and use your expertise and skills to help establish and grow this area of our business.
What you'll get in return
Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and developing. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package includes basic salary, bonus, car allowance, generous holidays plus health insurance, income protection insurance and multiple social activities and perks to ensure we engage and reward our employees appropriately.
Now for the detail...
Qualifications & Skills
The Project Manager will have a breadth of experience and able to demonstrate:
- 5+ years project management experience in a professional services environment delivering data analytics and FP&A solutions.
- A track-record for delivering excellent projects and creating an environment to support high-performing teams.
- Excellent stakeholder management, with the ability to influence, work collaboratively and develop long term strategic partnerships.
- Proven ability to establish a new project management function, working across the business to implement the associated change.
- Results orientated with exceptional communication skills and the ability to manage customer situations with sensitivity but assertively.
- Prince 2 and Prince2 Agile Practitioner.
The Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with the leadership team to help define and subsequently implement the project management function, being mindful of the change this will require with existing processes and roles within the business.
- Responsible for the project management on several key projects, working collaboratively with the team (both Simpsons and the customer) to ensure successful project delivery and excellent stakeholder management. This will include areas such as resource allocation, project documentation, stand-ups, lessons learnt, change management, sales to services handover, services to support handover.
- Maintain an agility in approach, in line with customer preferences for either a traditional or more agile project, whilst considering the commercial arrangement and project risk.
- Provide training and ongoing support across the business to ensure our project management methodology is understood and implemented.
- Promote our project management methodology and dedicated project management function.
- Ensure the project management function, delivers the expected benefit of ensuring our consultants can increasingly focus on their areas of technical excellence.
The role is York based with support for some remote working, the role will include an element of travel.
We’re looking to fill this role as soon as possible so if you’re interested, please apply by the end of September 2019.
Apply for this job