- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Based
As a result of continued business growth, we are excited to recruit in a Principal Consultant. This is the most senior delivery role in the team. The successful applicant will perform a critical role in terms of both excellent delivery skills and working with the management team.
Simpson Associates is a Microsoft Gold Partner, a Gold IBM Partner and an Informatica Partner. You would be joining a dynamic team, helping to grow the business and working across a breadth of sectors and well-known companies and organisations.
Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and development.
A comprehensive and competitive benefits package includes basic salary, bonus, car allowance, 25 days holiday, health insurance, income protection insurance and multiple social activities and perks to ensure we engage and reward our employees.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 15+ years’ industry experience as an Analytics Consultant and at least 5+ years’ experience working for an IT Consulting firm.
- Experienced in leading full Lifecycle of Analytics Projects from design, estimation and implementation from a technical and quality assurance perspective.
- Experienced and confident to oversee multiple projects concurrently, providing guidance and leadership to the delivery teams.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of the Modern Data Platforms including Data Marts and Data Warehouse Design, Data Lake, Big Data, Near–time and Realtime Architectures
- Ability to manage client relationships and handle confidently but with sensitivity challenging conversations.
- A recognised industry expert, with the ability to apply and share this knowledge.
Advantageous Qualifications and Skills
- Prince 2 Agile or similar
- Knowledge of IoT, Data Science and AI techniques
- Experience in Blue Light or NHS sectors
- Certifications: DP-203 Azure Data Engineer Associate, AZ-303/AZ-304 Azure Solutions Architect Expert, DA-100 Data Analyst Associate and similar
The Principal Consultant performs a critical role across our projects, working alongside our sales, professional service delivery and our managed services teams. Key responsibilities include:
- To be the primary contact between the customer and Simpson Associates, ensuring successful project delivery and adopting our project delivery methodology ensuring that on all projects a level of governance is maintained.
- To be an expert in your field, understanding the relationship between your own specialism and the wider customer and organizational requirements.
- To work with the customer to identify and prioritise business requirements, thereby defining the delivery roadmap and scope.
- To architect solutions, translating these into project estimates and deliverables, ensuring a controlled well–run project typically applying an agile approach to delivery.
- To be responsible for the quality of the solution, able to identify and mitigate issues at the earliest opportunity.
- To be creative and proactive in solving problems, whilst remaining reassuring in front of our customers.
- To understand the skills and competencies within the service delivery team, ensuring correct alignment of resource to projects.
- To manage consultants throughout the project and to provide guidance, mentoring and leadership to them.
- A Principal Consultant may have line management responsibilities, and will be expected to provide support across the business given their level of expertise.
- To carry out development where required on projects alongside other team members.
This is a UK based role. Due to the nature of this role, some travel will be required, but due to the current pandemic this won’t be expected immediately.
Apply for this job