- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Based
About Simpson Associates
We are looking for a self-motivated Microsoft Power BI Consultant who strives for technical excellence, enjoys creating stunning visualizations and understands the importance of making information accessible. The Power BI Consultant performs a critical role on projects, often delivering the majority of the development days and with the greatest level of contact with the customer.
Simpson Associates is a Microsoft Gold Partner, a Gold IBM Partner and an Informatica Partner. You would be joining a dynamic team, helping to grow the business and working across a breadth of sectors and well-known companies and organisations.
Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and development.
Required Qualification and Skills
You will be expected to deliver the Power BI components on our larger analytics projects and lead smaller projects independently.
- 3+ years experience as a Power BI Consultant
- Experienced with Power BI modelling, reporting, visualisations and dashboards
- Confident with SQL for the purpose of supporting Power BI reporting
- Application of Kimball methodology for designing data sets
- Certification: DA-100 Microsoft Azure Data Analyst Associate
- Confident leading requirements workshops and wire-framing solutions
- Ability to scope, estimate and deliver against an agreed plan
- Track record in delivering compelling visual solutions using Power BI.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with the customer
Advantageous Qualifications and Skills
- Prince 2 Agile or similar
- Experience at an IT consulting firm with projects across a variety of sectors
- Paginated reporting, Power Platform, Power BI Embedded, Data Engineering skills
- Experience delivering Power BI training courses
Apply for this job