- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Based
Who we are
We are a data analytics company that has over 25 years’ experience working with customers to achieve their information requirements. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, a Gold IBM Partner, a Premier BOARD MIT Partner and an Information Builders Partner. We give data-driven organisations the confidence to make fully informed decisions.
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, technically excellent and keen to join a highly skilled and successful professional services delivery team. You will have a proven track record of delivering data warehouse and reporting solutions. You will be confident to lead a project, communicate with customers and continually strive for excellence.
Qualifications and Skills
- You will have experience of multiple technologies and must have a detailed understanding of Data Engineering within the Microsoft Azure platform specifically Azure SQL and SQL DW, Azure Data Factory, the MS Power Platform especially the use of Microsoft Power BI and DAX
- Knowledge of on premise Microsoft technologies such as SSIS, SSRS, SSAS multi-dimensional models including MDX and Microsoft Master Data Services (MDS) would also be advantageous
- You will have 3+ years’ experience leading medium sized projects from start to finish independently
- You will be familiar with project management methodology, including Prince 2 and Agile
The Lead Consultant is the primary contact between the customer and Simpsons Associates on medium sized projects. They will also run sub-phases of large projects for a Principal Consultant. Key responsibilities include:
- To be a technical expert in your field, understanding the relationship between own specialism and wider customer and organisational requirements. To have the ability to perform an extensive range and variety of complex technical activities in a range of contexts.
- To work with the customer to identify and prioritise business requirements. This includes running a design workshop, appropriately challenging the customer, controlling the scope and producing the functional requirements documentation.
- To accurately estimate the project, showing an understanding of the different roles and work packages required. Addressing any differences in estimate between the proposal and requirements analysis with the support of the Account Manager.
- To take the functional requirements and convert these to a technical specification. Communicate the design in an easy to understand manner to the customer and acknowledging their level of technical understanding, utilising visualization in the form of schematics or data flow diagrams as appropriate.
- To convert estimates into project plans and manage the plan throughout the project, securing resources and ensuring the plan reconciles to the consolidated.
- To manage consultants throughout the project and to provide guidance, mentoring and leadership to them. This includes issuing and receive work packages enabling a controlled well-run project and monitoring and revising the assignment of work packages. The Lead Consultant is expected to influence the allocation of resources and work packages and is likely to complete some development alongside other consultants.
- To be responsible for the quality of the project, achieved through quality assuring yours and others’ work.
- To identify and mitigate issues at the earliest opportunity, utilising experience to pre-empt likely issues.
- To design and manage component testing, user acceptance testing, deployment and handover to our internal support team. Ensuring that application support is in place or working with the Account Manager to secure this.
- To reliably deliver projects within the time, cost and quality. Creative and proactive in solving problems, whilst remaining re-assuring in front of our customers.
- This is a UK based role and will include travel.
We’re looking to fill this role as soon as possible so if you’re interested, please apply below.
NO AGENCIES UNLESS INVITED
Apply for this job