- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK wide
**No Recruitment Agencies please**
We are looking for a self-motivated, technically excellent individual to join a highly skilled and successful professional service delivery team. The successful applicant will have a proven track record of delivering data science solutions and a passion for how data science and artificial intelligence can be used to disrupt the norm. You will be confident to lead a project, communicate with customers and continually strive for excellence.
Simpson Associates is a Microsoft Gold Partner, a Gold IBM Partner, Information Builders Partner, a Premier BOARD MIT Partner and a TrueCue Solution Partner. You would be joining a dynamic team, helping to grow the business and working across a breadth of sectors and well-known companies and organisations.
Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and development.
A comprehensive and competitive benefits package includes basic salary, bonus, car allowance, 25 days holiday, health insurance, income protection insurance and multiple social activities and perks to ensure we engage and reward our employees.
Qualifications and Skills
- You will have a track record of delivering data science solutions that have a real impact for organisations.
- You will have at least 2 years experience specialising in machine learning techniques.
- You will have experience in a breadth of technologies and must have strong knowledge of machine Learning (ML) technologies including Python, R, SQL.
- You will understand the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and how it can be used to enhance ML models.
- You are confident leading data science projects from initial engagement through to successful delivery.
- You will ideally have experience of big data technologies including Data Lake, Hadoop and Apache Spark.
- Consultancy experience preferable.
Key responsibilities include:
- To be a technical expert in your field and have the ability to perform a range of complex technical activities in a variety of contexts.
- To provide data science expertise both within the delivery team and across our business to support pre-sales activities.
- To work collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure the right solution is delivered effectively and efficiently.
- To work with the customer to define the statement of work.
- To accurately estimate the project and manage the delivery to these estimates.
- To run workshops and appropriately challenge the customer.
- To create and document the technical design of solutions including AI and ML. Communicating the design clearly, whilst acknowledging the customer’s level of technical understanding. To be responsible for the quality of the project, quality assuring yours and others work.
- To identify and mitigate issues at the earliest opportunity, utilising experience to pre-empt these.
- To design and manage testing, deployment and handover of solutions including AI and ML either to our internal support team or the customer’s internal team.
- To reliably deliver projects within the time, cost and quality. Creative and proactive in solving problems, whilst remaining re-assuring in front of our customers.
- This is a UK based role and will typically include some travel.
Apply for this job