- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Wide
About Simpson Associates
Simpson Associates is a Data Analytics Consultancy and Data Managed Services Provider. We hold the Microsoft Advanced Specialisation in Data Analytics, and are a Microsoft Gold Partner, a Gold IBM Partner, an Informatica Partner.
As part of our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a self-motivated, technically excellent individual to join our talented delivery team. If you thrive working with modern technology, across a breadth of sectors, and enjoy constantly learning, then we would love to hear from you.
The Azure Data Engineer performs a critical role across our projects, focusing on the solution implementation. In this role you will work with the Lead Consultant to implement architecture and designs. You will have a combination of both strong technical and people skills, allowing you to develop effective solutions, whilst working with both the customer and our team.
- Technically excellent with Azure Data & Analytics Services.
- Provide technical demos and lead engaging requirements analysis sessions.
- Translate business requirements to highly-performant technical solutions.
- Responsible for the data supply. Design and build modern data pipelines, data transformations, and data warehouses.
- Ensure users can access their data. Develop compelling visualisations using Power BI.
- Implement our ETL Framework and contribute to its continued enhancement.
- Work within an Agile methodology to deliver in iterative sprints.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to support successful delivery outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years experience as a Microsoft Data Engineer, focused on either Azure or SSAS/SSIS/SSRS.
- Passionate to learn new technologies and be a Microsoft Azure specialist.
- Strong background and knowledgeable of BI and Data Warehousing concepts.
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
Advantageous Qualifications and Skills
- Experience at an IT consulting firm, Blue Light or NHS sectors.
- Prince 2 Agile or Scrum; Agile Data Warehouse Design (BEAM).
- Technologies: Data Factory, Data Lake, Databricks, Synapse, Azure SQL DW, Azure Analysis Services, Power BI.
- Certifications: DP-203 Azure Data Engineer Associate, AZ-303/AZ-304 Azure Solutions Architect Expert, DA-100 Data Analyst Associate
- Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and development.
- A comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including a car allowance, profit share scheme, health insurance, health cash plan, income protection insurance and pension.
- Regular socials and perks.
- Remote and flexible working.
If you’d like to hear more about this role or about working for Simpson Associates, for please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to schedule an initial informal chat.
Please use the form below to apply or call Nusha, our Talent Acquisitions Manager on 07984 103 730.
Apply for this job