- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Based
We are looking for a self-motivated, technically excellent individual to join our highly skilled and successful service delivery team. The successful applicant will have a proven track record as a Microsoft Azure Consultant and ready to step into a role as a Lead Consultant. You will be confident to advise and lead on the implementation of your recommendations, communicating with customers and continually striving for excellence.
Simpson Associates is a Microsoft Gold Partner, a Gold IBM Partner and an Informatica Partner. You would be joining a dynamic team, helping to grow the business and working across a breadth of sectors and well-known companies and organisations.
Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and development.
A comprehensive and competitive benefits package includes basic salary, bonus, car allowance, 25 days holiday, health insurance, income protection insurance and multiple social activities and perks to ensure we engage and reward our employees.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 6+ years industry experience as an Analytics Consultant likely with experience from an IT Consulting firm
- Experienced in leading the full Lifecycle of Analytics Projects from Design, Estimation and Implementation from a Technical and Quality Assurance Perspective
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of the Modern Data Platforms including Data Marts and Data Warehouse Design, Data Lake and Near-time and Realtime Architectures
- Ability to run engaging client workshops to gather requirements and share information online and in person
- Proven track record in delivering platforms that deliver compelling visual solutions using interactive reporting technologies such as Power BI and SQL Server Reporting Services
Advantageous Qualifications and Skills
- Prince 2 Agile or similar
- Experience in Blue Light or NHS sectors
- Certifications: DP-203 Azure Data Engineer Associate, AZ-303/AZ-304 Azure Solutions Architect Expert, DA-100 Data Analyst Associate and similar
The Microsoft Azure Lead Consultant performs a critical role across many of our projects, working alongside our sales, professional service delivery and our managed services teams. Key responsibilities include:
- To work with the customer to identify and prioritise business requirements documenting these and specifying solutions to these in functional specifications.
- To provide project control documents in line with Prince 2 Agile methodology, adopting this for agile projects ensuring a level of project governance is retained.
- To be the primary contact between the customer and Simpsons Associates.
- To provide estimates, project plans and to issue and receive work packages enabling a controlled well run project.
- To be responsible for the quality of the solution and able to identify and mitigate issues at the earliest opportunity.
- To design and manage component testing, user acceptance testing and handover to Simpsons support.
- To manage consultants throughout the project and to provide guidance, mentoring and leadership to them.
- To be a technical expert in your field, understanding the relationship between your own specialism and the wider customer and organisational requirements.
- To carry out development where required on projects alongside other project members.
- To be creative and proactive in solving problems, whilst remaining re-assuring in front of our customers.
- The role is expected to include line management responsibility.
- To demonstrate appropriate behaviour and work ethic according to Simpsons’ values and culture whilst achieving utilisation targets and hitting internal reporting deadlines with billing and expenses.
- Provide support for the sales team with proposals and estimates.
- To be involved in resource allocation decisions on projects.
- Have the ability to lead and oversee multiple projects at once.
This is a UK based role. Due to the nature of this role, some travel will be required, but due to the current pandemic this won’t be expected immediately.
Apply for this job