- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Wide
Who we are
We are a data analytics company who have been operating for over 25 years. Our data and performance management solutions have enabled us to help forward-thinking organisations understand and resolve some of the most complex and common challenges. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, a Gold IBM Partner, a Premier BOARD MIT Partner and an Information Builders Partner.
We have data in our DNA. Our mission is to give data-driven organisations the ability to make fully informed decisions.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Lead Consultant to fill a new role in the service delivery team.
You will be self-motivated, technically excellent and keen to join a highly skilled and successful professional service delivery team. With over 3 years’ experience you will be confident in delivering all phases of the project life-cycle, communicating with customers and continually striving for excellence.
As a business we deliver a breadth of technical solutions and you will have the opportunity to broaden your technical skills to include other technologies we offer for example IBM BI, PowerBI, BOARD.
Why we need you
We’re looking to grow the business and in particular the services delivery team. As a key member of our team, you will be involved in the delivery of projects using your expertise and skills in design, development, testing and deployment to help our customers achieve their objectives.
What you'll get in return
Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and developing. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package includes basic salary, bonus, car allowance and holidays plus health insurance, income protection insurance and multiple social activities and perks to ensure we engage and reward our employees appropriately.
Now for the detail
Qualifications & Skills
As a Lead Consultant in IBM Planning Analytics you will have:
- Over 3 years’ experience delivering IBM Planning Analytics solutions from start to finish.
- Strong financial knowledge and understanding of integrated financial planning.
- Confident to discuss data requirements, familiarity with SQL useful but not essential.
- Excel in delivering excellent customer satisfaction through brilliant solutions delivered on time and to budget.
- Familiar with project management methodologies including Prince 2 and Agile.
The Lead Consultant is the primary contact between the customer and Simpson Associates on medium sized projects. They will also run sub-phases of large projects for a Principal Consultant. Key responsibilities include:
- To be a technical expert in your field, understanding the relationship between own specialism and wider customer and organisational requirements. To have the ability to perform an extensive range and variety of complex technical activities in a range of contexts.
- To work with the customer to identify and prioritise business requirements. This includes running a design workshop, appropriately challenging the customer, controlling the scope and producing the functional requirements documentation.
- To accurately estimate the project, showing understanding for the different roles and work packages required. Addressing any differences in estimate between the proposal and requirements analysis with the support of the Account Manager.
- To take the functional requirements and convert these to a technical specification. Communicate the design in an easy to understand manner to the customer and acknowledging their level of technical understanding, utilising visualization in the form of schematics or data flow diagrams as appropriate.
- To convert estimates into project plans and manage the plan throughout the project, securing resource and ensuring the plan reconciles to our inhouse consolidated planning tool.
- To manage consultants throughout the project and to provide guidance, mentoring and leadership to them. This includes issuing and receive work packages enabling a controlled well-run project and monitoring and revising the assignment of work packages. The Lead Consultant is expected to influence the allocation of resource and work packages and is likely to complete some development alongside other consultants.
- To be responsible for the quality of the project, achieved through quality assuring yours and others work.
- To identify and mitigate issues at the earliest opportunity, utilising experience to pre-empt likely issues.
- To design and manage component testing, user acceptance testing, deployment and handover to our internal support team. Ensuring that application support is in place or working with the Account Manager to secure this.
- To reliably deliver projects within the time, cost and quality. Creative and proactive in solving problems, whilst remaining re-assuring in front of our customers.This is a UK based role and will include travel.
We’re looking to fill this role as soon as possible so if you’re interested, please apply below.
NO AGENCIES UNLESS INVITED
Apply for this job