- Salary: Competitive
- Location: York
- Working Hours: 9 - 5.30pm
Simpson Associates, an independent, UK based Microsoft Gold Data Analytics Partner and IBM Cognos Support Providing Partner is seeking to expand its Support Services team.
The successful candidate will be part of the Support team based in the York Office, reporting to the Support Team Leader. The role is primarily responsible for providing professional and efficient support to our clients and the opportunity of working alongside a team of BI Consultants to assist with development and enhancements on Cognos BI solutions. The right candidate will be keen and able to quickly learn and develop new skills and technical concepts.
- Providing 1st & 2nd & 3rd line support to our external clients
- Case Logging and Management
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues, working closely with external clients to support requests through to resolution or escalation to one of our consultants.
- Contribute to the development of BI Solutions as part of a project or under a managed service
- Keeping up-to-date and documenting customer environments
- Visits to customer sites when required to deal with incidents or situations that can’t be dealt with remotely.
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated, well-disciplined, outgoing individual with good technical experience and a proven track record in a customer support role and/or in developing Business Intelligence.
- Good organisational qualities together with the ability to work as part of a team and under their own initiative.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills.
- Familiar with completing tasks to service level agreements and project deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills through correspondence, telephone, e-mail and in person, conversant with following procedures and an aptitude to resolving issues efficiently.
In return and in addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package for this rewarding role, Simpson Associates commits to providing challenging, rewarding and friendly working environment and on-going professional development of technical and soft-skill levels.
Apply for this job