- The University's implementation of Business Intelligence was not delivering the expected benefits.
- There was a need to understand the approach being taken and assess the probabilities of success.
- The University needed to understand what skills were needed to support a continuing development process.
- The University staff and members needed the knowledge to use their software and hardware fully.
- There was uncertainty that a consistent level of data security could be maintained.
- A Situation Assessment was completed that reviewed the objectives and current status of the Business Intelligence applications.
- A clear set of recommendations was presented to the project sponsor.
- The best practices being used were identified and preserved.
- Industry standard design and development methodologies were introduced to support the continuing development of all the application streams.
- The technical team attained full knowledge of their software and hardware architecture.
- The project governance process was made uniform across all development streams, increasing the probability of success.
- The project sponsor gained confidence in the approach and could see how success could be achieved.
- The barriers to implementing Business Intelligence University wide were removed.
- An experienced Principal Consultant was provided to guide and develop members of the University of Cambridge on how to use the software and hardware.
Do you have a question? Call 01904 234 510 or Email Giles