- London South Bank University (LSBU) believed that their position in the university league tables could be improved in part, by a better collection and integration of data.
- When implementing their MI reporting LSBU hit a series of stumbling blocks, with a lack of clarity regarding requirements and priorities meaning the project was stalled.
- Simpson Associates were brought in to complete a health check of the IBM Cognos development work and recommend short and medium term requirements.
- Simpson Associates worked with LSBU’s internal developers to resurrect the data warehouse and deliver a ‘Progression Analysis Tool’ as a stepping stone to further work.
- We produced a set of four reports which were delivered in readiness for the annual progression reporting process.
- These reports showed five or more years’ worth of progression figures and allows users to drill-down to student details for progression and award targets.
- LSBU now have a clear vision for the long term delivery of MI within the university.
- A consistent data set incorporating all Faculties is now held in a data warehouse.
- LSBU can now benefit from a dedicated reporting tool.
- LSBU are now able to drill down on reports to view student details and have the ability to perform some ‘cohort’ analyses.
Do you have a question? Call 01904 234 510 or Email Giles